Thursday, January 31, 2019

Day one with Codecademy

Day one with Codecademy

Lesson title: Introduction to HTML

What I did?
    This is the starting page of my first lesson. I actually like the format of this lesson. As it combined learning, trying and seeing how it works all in one page. And the introductions were given in the learning part as well, it was clear and easy to understand.
    
    Then moving onto the next page, a simple diagram showed the basic and most important tags and content.
    As the lesson goes on, after I finish following the instructions, there will be a small green check mark beside the instructions given just like this.
Slowly following the lesson, the instructions gets harder and harder, and there are more steps as well.
However, the instruction is still clear and easy to understand. Hint are also provided when needed as well.
Half way through, there is slowly more and more typing involved. And I noticed that even small mistakes can effect a code, even if it's just a symbol.
Finally done lesson one, I've created a basic web page. They also gave me a review at the very end that includes everything that I have learned, and are all listed out. shown below.

Code to make a list:
<ol>
        <li>title 1</li>
        <li>title 2</li>
        <li>title 3</li>
        <li>title 4</li>
      </ol>
What I learned?
This is the end of lesson one. I did learn some of the new things about programming a web page, such as the use of the tags. However, this first lesson is more like an review to me, as I have already been through it before on my own. But I really enjoy learning with this website, especially when they give short lessons but high efficiency that helps me learn.

What I'll be doing tomorrow?
I will be moving onto lesson two tomorrow, and lesson two is about preparing for HTML, which will be a little bit more intermediate than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment